I Got Skills - Music Video Resumé
It can be hard to stand out in a growing job market filled with smart and talented candidates right after college, especially when you're changing careers at 41 years old. How do you do it?
A music video resumé, of course.
What started as a quick jingle with just me and my guitar turned into a full blown production.
To learn more about me, read my post titled Joyfear.
Please enjoy and share. Your support might just lead me to an exciting new career.
Looking for your next digital marketing professional?
Send me a note!
As a cutting-edge digital marketing professional with loads of management experience, I can manage your content and digital marketing efforts effectively. My strategy is simple: plan carefully, communicate clearly, and manage proactively. My skills include content marketing, audio/video production, and creative writing. I'm ready to help your business thrive!
CONTENT DEVELOPER INTERN
Plural Additive Manufacturing | Jul 2017 - Sept 2017
Worked with management team to understand high-level messaging and strategy. Wrote copy for email campaigns. Produced, planned, and published on-brand content in a scheduled manner across multiple media.
- Created and managed comprehensive content plan for social media
- Conducted A|B experiments that increased email campaign open rates by 222.8%, and CTR by 232.9%
- Produced on-brand marketing videos and customer testimonial videos
- Designed logo and homepage mockups for website
CONTENT WRITER / EDITOR / PRODUCER VOLUNTEER
Real iDeal Radio Marketing Podcast on KPSU College Radio | Apr 2017 - Jun 2017
Wrote, produced, and hosted weekly marketing podcast on KPSU at Portland State University.
- Increased year-over-year unique website visitors by 61.6%, total visitors by 24.3%, and total page views by 8.6%
- Planned and managed content distribution for ten 60-minute shows
- Interviewed entrepreneurs and business executives for featured stories
- Monitored online sources to write and report breaking news updates
MANAGER, SMALL BUSINESS UNIT
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | May 2012 - Dec 2015
Led team of 17+ service specialists in achieving goals, driving performance, encouraging teamwork, and delivering best in class customer service.
- Led team that redesigned corporate communication platform
- Participated in strategic planning sessions for monthly and annual events
- Produced promotional materials for two employee recognition programs
- Chaired local committee for national idea-generation program
TRAINING MANAGER, BILINGUAL (SPANISH)
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | Jan 2010 - Apr 2012
Managed OJT (on-the-job-training) program, trained and coached new employees, mentored future leaders, and liaised with leadership, on-boarding manager, and remote project team to develop and streamline OJT program.
- Chaired National OJT Committee and led efforts to improve OJT
- Led training of 200+ new employees on 5+ systems
- Produced daily progress reports for management team
- Prepared and facilitated training curriculum for new hire classes
SALES MANAGER, BILINGUAL (SPANISH)
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | Aug 2005 - Dec 2009
Managed sales team, monitored overall team performance including call quality, efficiency, calls per hour, and sales rates.
- Consulted 25+ managers and shared best practices, increasing sales by 8%
- Trained 40+ bilingual sales associates on assignment in Mexico City
- Consistently achieved top team quality scores
- Managed monthly budget for team of 16+ sales associates
BUSINESS STRATEGY, CAPSTONE (BA495) - OHSU
Portland State University, Fall 2017
- Hosted daily video chats with team to collaborate and drive performance
- Set clear vision, built morale, and guided team through work process
- Performed market research and situation analysis for new product launch
- Developed a business plan and alternative futures
MARKETING STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT (MKTG464) - SB HONORS TRACK
Portland State University, Fall 2017
- Developed integrated marketing plan for PSU business honors program
- Conducted SWOT analysis, built buyer personas, and profiled key competitors
- Gathered key data through in-person interviews with students and faculty
- Outlined marketing strategies for product, pricing, distribution, and promotion
BA, Marketing - Dept. GPA 3.81 | Portland State University 2017
BA, Spanish | University of Oregon 2000
Google Analytics - Google Academy for Ads, Feb. 2018
Digital Marketing - Portland State University CEPE, Jun. 2017
Project Management - Portland State University CEPE, Aug. 2016
Agile Scrum Master - Scrum Alliance, Oct. 2015